Sunday, November 11, 2012

Freddy's Photos (24/52)

Busy times requires a lot of organization, but what happens when disaster strikes and you have to make a change to your plan on the fly? At a recent shoot, all my remote triggers suddenly went dead, leaving me without my plan to use the lights I had brought. So I improvised, by using my speedlight (which I always carry as a back-up) and the on-camera flash. The results weren't the best, but I was able to complete the shoot with some usable results. It made me think more about my pre-shoot routine. Usually I decide, based on the setting, my 1st lighting set-up, but I'm starting to think I need more options going in, rather than changing on the fly like I've been doing. I know I need to remain flexible, but some further planning can't hurt. Luckily the lesson was learned on a low-stakes shoot, next time I may not be so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment